Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Angel food cake with whipped frosting




I am gonna kill those people who skip trying this recipe. You know what, I run my eyes through all the cakes in the bake shelf every week when i do my shopping. I am a cake lover and love them with whipped frosting. I have noticed this Angel food cake many times. But never felt like trying them because they  found bare-frosting. So I thought of trying them in my home and make my own frosting.


Ingredients:-


Cake mix:
Egg whites of 2
Plain flour-half a cup
Sugar-1/2cup
Lemon juice of half a lemon
Vanilla extract-1tspn


Frosting:
Heavy whipping cream-half cup
Confectioners sugar-half cup or less
Blueberries


Directions:-


  • Whip the egg whites till they form stiff peaks use a whisk or an electric mixer.
  • Add in sugar little by little to enhance the whipping process.
  • Add vanilla and lemon juice finally. And give a blitz with the electric blender once more.
  • Now sieve the flour using a sieve slowly, little by little and fold into the whipped egg whites gently.
 'Do not rush to add in the entire flour at a time and do not harshly fold them.'


  • Now the batter for cake is ready. 
  • Butter the cake mold.
  • Blank them into a cake mold and bake at 325F for 25 min.
  • Now see if they are properly cooked by inserting a stick into the cake. If it comes out clean, without any uncooked batter on it, it is done.
  • Let the cake cool.
  • Now take an offset spatula or any flat spatula to spread the frosting over them.
  • Adorn with blueberries.
The mold generally used for angel food cake is  this..


BON APPETITE:)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Looks delicious and cute..

Princy Sandeep said...

Thanx Tina:)