Ooohh myy... my favorite dish. Soon yours. This is a crepe filled with coconut which is sweetened with sugar or jaggeri. The main flavor diffuser is Elaanji (cardamom) and hence the name. It is often called "LOVE LETTER" since it wraps something sweet inside taking the minds of consumers to even love the cook ;-) . I portray the taste so somehow. Ghee is another factor making us salivate.
All purpose flour/maida-1 cup
Water- half cup
Split black gram-1 tspn
Cardomom powder-1/4tspn(4 pods)
- Make a batter of AP flour, beaten egg, salt and water.
- Prepare dosas over a nonstick pan.
- Keep aside.
- On the same pan heat ghee and add grams.
- Cook till golden brown.
- Add coconut and give a stir till the coconut heats up and becomes soggy. Do not cook it.
- Take off from the stove and add sugar.
- Take 2 tblspns of coconut and spread a wide line through the middle of the dosa.
- Wrap it up.
BON APPETITE :)